17 July 2008

oh yea, day 3/4

I forgot about this...
Day 3: which would be tuesday. you know, this is actually hard to do because I had to ask allison what day it was to even start thinking back 3 days. anyway... On tuesday I slept in and talked to kara and nate (who i one day hope to lose my lip virginity to), also i believe haley was on the phone and we all know that talking to them made my day in itself. It rained, so I stayed in for a while and then ventured downtown. Downtown means Redhook ferry and Cruz Bay. This is where there are shops, restaurants, bars, markets, hair braiding... all that. I went downtown and waited for the boys. I didn't want to be bored so I noticed this very old old ancient old man sitting on a bench. I had seen this same man the day before sleeping on that same bench. I know it was the same one bc he was wearing a necklace with like 7 coconuts on it - and that is just not normal. So i sat on the bench next to his and started talking to him - kind of. He was talking to an iguana and the woman next to him was very pretty bald woman - and thats not sarcastic, she really was. She told me I could feed the cereal that had spilled in my bag to the iguana. That started an argument between her and coconuts over whether or not iguanas eat wheat, since thats exactly what cinnamon toast crunch is. Just so everyone knows - they do. My new bench friends left me and then I met the boys. We ended up stealing some wood and going to a beach to build a fire. The boys doubted the whole idea since it had rained that day, but they are heroes and built the fire. I brought some of VA to the islands and taught them how to roast pigs in a blanket. Hot dogs will also be off my top 5 foods list.
Day 4: Wednesday it is! I don't even remember what I did yesterday morning, but I do know I started my work training! I'm working in a small clothing/jewelry boutique. We sell the famous St. John Hook Bracelets and they are actually really nice - the best ones. Handmade and brought to our store by the designer herself. Most of the jewelry is handmade by island locals actually - very cool and very artsy so I have to like it. I started my training with the only other employee (besides boss will), Christine. She is a character. She has dyed blonde hair and almost looks a little Asian but she's not. She always says that her sales were bad because it was too hot outside, and she always says she can't pronounce her words because it's too hot in the store. Today will told her that temperature stuff is crap. I'm going to buy her a hand held fan before I leave. She has two kids in the states and lives with her Boyfriend here - his name is that of a famous boxer, well in a movie. I think. She is so sweet to me and teaches me everything, atleast twice because she forgets she told me once already. All in all my job is awesome. I'm even allowed to sit down - im living the all american dream.
Who I met those days:
coconuts: the man who wears fruit as ornaments. Oh, and he told me he wasn't sleeping on that bench because he has conquered sleep, making that impossible.
christine: fellow turtle employee who is probably my best girlfriend here - I know about her love life, she knows about mine (or lack thereof)
peter: i forgot to mention this but he works in another jewelry store and invited me to happy hour - everyone calm down. I did NOT go - he's old enough to father me

No comments: