17 July 2008

make money and break hearts

If Tj were my brother-in-law then he would say that is my vacation living motto: make money and break hearts. The latter is not very true at all, but make money is!
This morning I started with a morning on the beach, ending in me being burned in only various places - just beautiful. For lunch I ate PBJ, which I will never write again because that is what I eat for lunch everyday - at the end of this journey, it will no longer hold a top 5 spot for my favorite foods. I then ema.iled my mother, who has insisted (which means I have to) email her every day stating that I am still alive - can anyone help me think of any creative ways to say this? I need about 35.
After my sun filled morning I headed to work. Really this was day 1 of work because I didnt just have to watch. It was a very successful night! Lets just say I make as much in one night as a thought I'd be making in one week, merely working retail. It is much easier than making poor customers sign up for a GAP card. Plus I meet a million people and we all know networking is the purpose for our college years.
I'm supposed to hang out with the boys tomorrow and their new friend, but I have a feeling I'm going to be blown off, and if thats the case I will just call up my island boyfriend.
Who I met today:
Bali Bob - my new old man friend who looks like tom hanks from castaway and like every other old man on the island, wears a button up shirt, unbuttoned.
Dr. Mike - the st john dentist and the only thing I could think to talk to him about was my wisdom teeth - lame of me. He did tell me where to get ice cream, so he's the man
Matt - boy who works at the lumberyard and he's british, born on tortolla
ahhmed - island boyfriend

No comments: