21 July 2008

Weekend of Near Death Experiences

Man what a title I gave this post? I don't actually think I really came that close to death, but I would say it was a possibility atleast once a day this weekend - good enough. I am really sorry but this post is about to get long, so prepare now or just x out the window and resign (is that the right word) as a fan of amandavirgin.
It all started with friday, duh. And I didn't get blown off by the boys, so I will give them lots of credit now, especially if they ever read this... I never thought theyd blow me off... now no one gets to find out about my island boyfriend though.
So on friday I met Devin, Justin, and their friend Kirsten (now my friend as well) down by the ferry for a fun filled day until I had work. We decided to drive to a beach/bay that wasn't overly crowded. We ended up driving to the sugar plantation, which is an historical site with ancient ruins of such. I'm not sure any of us were as concerned with the history of this place as we were about breaking the rules to climb on everything. I first wiggled thru a small hole that looked like a castle window.



As soon as we started walking on other things a larger black woman hollered and told us to get off the ruins (all most all pictures seen are illegal). We then went to the other side of this large cylindrical structure that was tall (i was going to estimate its height in ft but I cant). It was over a story tall to get to the landing where you could walk around on the inside. I'll post pictures later. But Devin climbed up using footholes and I climbed half way and he pulled me the second half. It was an awesome view and way cool to be in the middle of this thing.




We then walked down to Anenburg beach and swam in the water - it was very hot outside, as usual - but still not as hot as home bc it's not humid, so I am happy no matter what the heat index is here.

We ate at Margarita Phil's - mexican! I miss my plaza. Then I had to go to work, which is always fun - seriously.
After work was one of the first near death experiences, but it will wait for the next blog bc I have to get ready for work now. I guess that means the title of this post is not fitting.

No comments: