16 July 2008

Welcome to Love city

Well friends, I've been here for 4 days and I could probably write a book by now. Let me just give you the highlights of my random life.
Day 1: the boys picked me up at the airport and surprised me with a birthday cake! yea it was a surprise to me too. We went to a beach that really no one knows about and were the only ones theres. We swam half a mile to this awesome island and walked/climbed around the entire thing - the most beautiful place I've ever been to. There were so many great shells and the view from the top of this island was well worth my trip here. The only thing that scared me were the sea urchins that supposedly covered the coasty reef where the waves met the beach. Luckily Im a girl and got piggybacked! The swim back was a little harder bc by then I was getting tired. And so you all don't get the impression that I'm an olympic swimmer, I did have fins and a snorkel mask.
Day 2: I went to the dolphin market and oh boy am i gonna lose some weight here. I bought hotdogs (not even all beef), celery, tuna fish, mayo, ketchup, two apples, dish soap, and bread. mmm sounds good ??? well sounds expensive - 27 dollars for JUST that. Yea so then I HAD to find a job. I went all over Cruz Bay looking for things. No one needed a waitress, no galleries needed any help, BUT will at the Turquoise Turtle wanted me 3 nights a week and I get commission - not bad for my first day of searching. I took him up on the offer of course.
Monday night I started on a drawing and got to spend some time on the phone - I know I still can't break away from talking.
Well living on an island doesn't bring with it great internet connection - day 3/4/5 will be posted tomorrow.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

AMANDA!!! that sounds SOOO awesome! can i please come visit you?? tell me your airport!! are you hanging out exclusively with boys because that is bad news! i am sad you are gone but it looks like you are having sooooo much fun! put up pictures too!

Lindsay said...

As this states.. there were so many shells. If I recall, I requested a shell.