15 February 2011

A whole lot of Falafel


Tonight I experienced my very first Falafel. If you're unsure of what a Falafel is you can always google it, but its pretty much a pita filled with fried chickpea balls and then topped with a variety of whatever else you think you might enjoy. For example: fried turnips (hot pink in color), salsa, cucumbers, tomatoes, humus, garlic hummus, fried onions, yogurt, eggplant, coleslaw, peppers, lettuce, guacamole, and other things I can't identify.
The first step to creating your Falafel is to "Squeeze your balls," meaning, squeeze the Falafels balls inside of the pita taco thing so the chick peas spread. Second step - fill your Falafel full.
I tried to put most everything on mine...
When we had our Falafels and were ready to chow down we had no place to sit.
We had to set all of our falafels and cones filled with fries down on a napkin covered table in order to arrange random chairs into one spot. My Falafel was constantly falling apart so that I had to continually scoop everything back in with my hands. The place didn't have any silverware so manners went out the window. We finally got to sit and eat.
Falafels aren't bad, but they aren't good either.