19 December 2010

This was part of my counseling final, describing the process of therapy. I used many metaphors based around building a strong and trusting therapeutic relationship.
discovering the unknown
diving into the deep
treading and swimming
water waves converting into sound waves representing active listening
icebergs and mountains
hand sewn empathy
layers upon layers, carefully placed and stored
warmth and cold
reflection

Most of that probably doesn't make any sense and looking at my art might not bring to mind the formation of a crucial relationship, but when I look at what I made I can see an entire semester of gain and learning. Everything I didn't know before, but know now, is on that canvas.

2 comments:

mckenna said...

I think it's rad. So beautiful and I could see everything you described in it. Well, maybe not everything, but I can see what you are trying to portray and I think it's amazing! You are so freaking talented!!

ELISE BIRNBAUM said...

this is beautiful.