02 October 2010

Oh I was born a travelin' (wo)man





This past weekend I took a trip to see baum-baum in Pittsburgh. I've been once before, but only for one day.
We screen printed until our brains melted, which I'm oh so thankful to her and Bill for.
I played with her cat a lot - really got her riled up. She was chasing ghosts by the time I left.
Elise was a most gracious host: driving me all over the city, taking me to get frozen yogurt, flea marketing, grocery shopping, american appareling (w/ benefits), letting me go to church, letting me do homework, not encouraging me to be a vegetarian, etc.
I was a vegetarian for one whole day. Not the weekend. I'm an omnivore and there's nothing I can do about it. And eating a veggie burger balances out the fact that I ate some chicken on Saturday, bc veggie burgers taste like onions, carrots, and bread.
The point is I had a wonderful time in Pittsburgh and it left me wishing that Pittsburgh and Washington DC were neighboring cities.
One more piece of exciting news (only if you're Elise or myself probably)...
There are Buffalo in Pennsylvania!
I saw them myself at the Buffalo Corral, where I purchased some buffalo paraphernalia.
It was the perfect end to my trip.
Thanks for your lovely hospitality Elise!

No comments: